The Secretary/assistant is on the front lines and is often the first person the public sees or talks to. In that sense this person represents in a positive light, the pastors, the church, and church leaders. This person must create an environment that is inviting to people passing through on a daily basis and realize that as much as this is a job, it’s also a ministry.
Qualities and Skills
• Possess a caring, positive, Christ-like attitude at and away from the church
• Possess excellent people skills
• Be a person of integrity, honesty, and confidentiality
• Be accessible, responsive, and flexible in handling the changing needs of the church
• Possess clerical skills of communication, writing, and administration
• Possess an ability to navigate the technology world ( texting, emailing, spreadsheets, word processing, data entry, file types, etc)
• Possess organizational skills to assist the staff so that they stay on task
• Be a person who is actively pursuing spiritual growth
• Be a team player and a champion of First Church of God Ministries
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Make bank deposits, Train tellers,Teller 2nd and 3rd week of each month
Order deposit slips and checks
Purchase office supplies, coffee supplies, other office and church items as requested
Track and facilitate all forms of contributions,
Design, print, disseminate printed materials that are applicable to the workings of the church.
Make, mail and keep current schedules of volunteers for: greeters, Family Facts distribution, communion prep, Welcome Center, nursery, duplication, parking, prayer room
Send reminder post cards on Monday to next Sunday’s volunteers
Keep Church calendar up to date and organized
Maintain the Church database with current updates on members, volunteers, and visitors
Recruit leaders for certain ministry needs such as funeral dinners.
Write checks as required and requested
Archive history and financial church documents.
The person in this position is ultimately responsible to the Sr Pastor, but is considered the church secretary and thus available to help and assist the other pastoral and ministry staff as needed. All
of the staff at First Church are expected to serve humbly with a spirit of teamwork, working together to display the character of Christ and help fulfill the missional mandate we all have as the Church.
HOURS - part time / 16 - 20 hours per week / 9am - 1pm / days to be determined
PAY - starts at $12.50/hour